oh the choices!

    for my birthday {waaaay back in august} dannon gave me a gift card for a new record! i just started building a record collection, which has become one of my favorite little past times, but it's kind of expensive for an unemployed, post-grad gal like me. that means i have to choose my birthday record very carefully. {i'm so dramatic, i know!} i mean, i have to like the entire record, not just a few songs, and it has to correlate with my mood which craves listening to records in the first place - usually a very melancholy state of mind.

    so here are my top picks:
    jenny lewis with the watson twins - rabbit fur coat {an oldie, but goodie}



    noah and the whale - first days of spring



    eventually i want to get all of sufjan stevens' albums - maybe illinoise first



    beirut - gulag orkestar



    alexi murdoch - time without consequences


    i already own she & him volume II and a record by readyville, my friend's band. fun stuff!

    eventually i'd LOVE to add to my album collection some regina spektor, ingrid michaelson, joanna newsom, ben sollee, allie moss, iron & wine, bon iver, rosi golan, the national, ray lamontagne, jonsi, sigur ros, and radiohead. okay, so apparently i'm going to have a massive record collection!

    for now i just have to find that perfect third record. . . well, that and a job. ;)


    have you heard these albums? what would your top record choice be?

Post Title

oh the choices!


Post URL

http://michelle-maxwel.blogspot.com/2010/10/oh-choices.html


Visit Michelle Maxwell for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive